Wednesday, August 23

Things one can do without...

... such as a person reciting Baudelaire in a disgusting french plus Flemish accent, not pausing at interpunction but instead adding comments on the previously read in an American highschool soap english, while I try to focus the exam the day after. That I can definitely do without.

Or like the same person demanding the temporary use of Hector to put that music his/her laptop, only to delete half of it before he/she even listened. I do not expect anyone (let alone that I demand it) to like the music I like. But I would not ask someone to borrow music from him/her if I wasn't sure I liked, or expected to like what I might get to hear.
Sure you have the full right not to like Nick Cave, though I consider it a near personal insult that you don't. You may refuse to listen to what I call scandinavirock, though I have friends capable of lynching you should I venture to make such actions publicly known. Skip whatever song you like on the mere assumption that it might be classical or religious or heavy metal or a capella. But removing Elvis Costello and Jeff Buckley from your media library with as sole argument that both artists have a 5 star-rating (and that only by lack of the option 6 stars) in my media library; Blasphemy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone deleted Scandinavian rock( the Finnish ones I presume)?????? This just cries out for a revenge-operation...

Pierre Vis said...

Small request: could you please allow feeds on your comments too? You can change that somewhere in your settings. That way, it would be easier to follow when someone posts a comment here..
Thx!

Unknown said...

@ shirahime: reading my mind were you?

@ pierre: I've been messing around a bit but I fear I'll need more specific instructions, after all I'm blonde

Pierre Vis said...

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-blogger.html and then look to 'more feeds'. I guess you're just not blond enough to mess this up ;-)