Wednesday, April 9

One small step from despair to a broken heart.

First there was despair as I felt myself falling in love again. Then the accusation that women merely have to bump into a guy and he be putty wax in our smaal and delicate hands. A little later confusion, as I grow certain that I am in love I start to doubt who it is that I'm in love with. And today, a little message puts me off completely. I really didn't know it could hurt so much to read 'I love you' on a screen and even less had I any notion of much it would hurt to say - let alone realise- 'I can't love you back'.

How it breaks one's heart to hurt and then to lose a friend. I wish I had never known.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's going on? Tell me all about it this evening over diner, I'll have my listening ear with me
X