Monday, May 11

The Friend Zone

Should I be wont to believe everything people try to convince me off, I'd have a very very confused world image. Thus my scepsis at the concept of the much dreaded Friend Zone should not surprise any of you.

Apparently 'the Friend Zone' is the one place you don't want to be in. I do not concurr. Never in my vast and seemingly endless career of cultivated heartbreak-induced Weltschmerzen have I ever got stuck in the Friend Zone- untill now that is. In two rare cases the man I love(d) has become a friend of some sort once I got past months and months of agony but being 'just a friend' to the one I secretly and not so secretly desire is new.

Very new. And I really don't see what is so bad about it. I quite like it here. There isn't a lot of steamy hot sex around but then again, being a miserable, complaining, selfpitying wretch doesn't get you any either ;-).


No comments: