Sunday, September 4

The web is also the ocean

For a while (a time period roughly corresponding with the time in which this blog has been free of vague meanderings and lack-of-love induced laments) I have been wondering about some unsolicited romantic advice. The tip was unasked for AND unwelcome as I took it to be both an accusation and an insult.

To be short it was proposed that I find a potential mate on-line. Much as I like and enjoy my 'connection' with W3 I made it perfectly clear that I prefered my personal relationships to start in real life. And yet every now and then I hear arguments in favour of the suggestion, and never any against.

It is true that I might enjoy a somebody to share my life with but I resent the implicit message that I MUST HAVE a partner to appeciate life to the fullest, even more it annoys me that I am considered to awkward to meet people through day-to-day interaction - even though this is probably true. Since I have given up the wish and hope for a child of my own, I'm in no hurry to lose whatever freedom I have left.

No comments: