Thursday, November 17

Flying to the Promissed Land

It all started a hectic two weeks back, hecyic because I had to contact professors about my being absent for a while, I had to try to do some work for them in advance, I had to list and put away items I shouldn't forget to pack, in between organise and attend a two-day birthdayparty and of course keep up the regular writing to friends, penfriends and backgroundinfo sections for my fantastic novel.

Hectic and stressful and pannicky because I knew exactly what to take but realised too late I hed left most of it in my beloved University City. Plus I was tired and couldn't find my passport which was by no means lost but lying at so visible a place I continually overlooked it. Having finaly spotted it, I put it away and went to bed so happy all was well. In fact so happy when might call it excited. So excited I barely slept.
So at 6:30 am barely rested but still excited I'm woken up by my dear parents. A short wash, quick dress and minimum breakfast later I'm dropped of at the nearest railwaystation.

GREAT! My first actual trip accross the ocean, the furthest place I ever went and nobody bothers waving me off. On the other hand it shows confidence in me and thus I take further steps towards adulthood (yeah right). Stepping on the train, off the train, on another train and off again I arive at the airport. Several identity checks, security checks and bodysearches later I'm allowed on the plane and I seat myself next to a middle aged, married globetrotter who is going to chigago to pick up his wife from a bussiness trip. Quite convenient it was for me to have someone with prior US experience to help me fill in the nonimmigrant/non resident/ anti terrorism forms (with handy questions such as ; are you a terrorist? were you a nazi between 1933 and 1945? (no but I am now) will you involve in illegal activeities while in the US? etc).

For more notes on this trip please check back later.

No comments: