Tuesday, July 14

Ominous Cake

Sometimes you do things, take action without there being a direct need or cause. And then a few moments later it seems your actions were exactly what needed to be done. (Vague vague vague)

For example; although I felt quite well when I came home yesterday, I baked. For no apparent reason. But the reason presented itself a few hours later and though I have learned to cope with this specific type of bad news*, I was still very happy to have nutritional comfort too.


Left-Over Muesli Cake

- one reasonably sized jar of your favourite jam
- 2 or 3 jars of selfrising flour
- 4 small eggs (or 3 big ones)
- 1 jars of muesli or crushed cornflakes
- a spoonful of rosewater


Mix all ingrediënts. Poor in buttered and floured oven-proof vessel. Heat at 180°C for about 35 minutes.


Enjoy with chocolate sauce.


* If you don't know what this means, then you don't need to know.

No comments: