Wednesday, January 13

Road Trip

Yesterday, a thought looming in the back of my head for months has popped to surface: why don't I just give it up? Both work and house and start travelling? So far I'm thinking of popping by in Japan and California, US to say 'Hi' to some much missed friends and after that I want to hitchhike or backpack around New-Zealand.

Knowing myself, I will not pursue this plan fully, if I even make it to the first step but it goes to show that I am far from being as attached to my job as my bosses and co-workers would believe. I can't escape feeling slightly guilty, inspired by loyalty for bosses that don't seem to appreciate no matter what effort or result; but it fades quickly enough when I start equalling out the verbal abuse, the meagre paycheck, the lack of growth potential, and the numbing of my creativity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is probably not the best medium for me to ventilate my job frustrations, I am aware of that. But since my bosses couldn't apparently care less about me, why should I be concerned about their feelings?