Friday, October 27

Highschool Reunion

The official Reunion is next year, it being then five years since we graduated. The unofficial reunion consists of us meeting every year at our high school's annual spaghetti dinner for friends and family so as to raise funds for the last graders' trip. Anyway there I was. Surrounded again by the very people that made my life as a teenager somewhat easier to bear then had I had to do it all by myself. The skinny boys have grown into not unhandsome youngmen, the girls have jobs, husbands, children and plans for the future, I alone seem unchanged.

Five years after the lines of our life untangled, everybody still agrees on one thing; that I am weird and that they knew I was strange from the first week we knew each other. So this is how they remember me? Joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being al little weird has its charms ;-)