Monday, May 28

Bored of all Things

The sixth month of the year rapidly approaches and so for all students the time of seclusion draws near. No more surprise visits to friends that live nearby, no more film marathons, no more idle bantering on benching along rivers while sipping tea or wine or port, no more informal dinner parties, no more of anything until the seventh month has begun. I've barely started waking up early, and making notes on a compulsory read or already I am bored. Not so much with the subject of my study for the geopolitics of Central Asia are indeed interesting enough to deserve my attention but with the whole idea of having to go through this period again. Usually I'm company enough for myself but when there is absolutely nobody around all the regular hobbies are stupid too, which regrettably* doesn't stop me from doing them.

* Even less time in a day to get things studied.

No comments: