Tuesday, June 5

A dinner date and more unfortunate decisions

The first miserable exam, and what do I do?! Not study harder, not stay at home and pre intensive study read the summery I was so generously provided with by my dinner guest, not be sensible and get to bed early, not get him out of my head, oh no. I cooked my star recipe* for my favourite sister, we drank wine, we went to a café, we were interrupted in our man bashing and beer drinking by a not unattractive young man with a knowledge of Classic Chinese poetry, we went to another café and were joined at our table by a friend of a friend and his friend, we waved and kissed goodbye wishing each other luck and I spent another hour or so reorganising my music library before being to tired for anything but sleep. Nonetheless I woke before midday, ate properly, studied as may be expected from a diligent student, worked on my novel** , wrote mails, drank tea, posted a recipe on this blog as promised and I still feel energetic. A good thing that I have yet to do my exercises or I might be in mood swing inspiring hallucination energy high; And believe me you don't want to see me in such a state, if you want to see me at all.

* Cauliflower Curry; click here for a dutch recipe
** 'working on' here meaning deleting two chapters and starting anew on chapter c

2 comments:

Sophie & Isfried said...

Glad to know that you're still feeling rejuvanated...bantering about Chinese poets with not unatractive males seems to do the trick for you...

I myself am determined to screw the next examination up up up, I fail to remember anything save Mao being a 'margarinemarxist'

Unknown said...

Even after I gave you a brief history of the guo min dang and chiang kaishek, that after checking the facts even proved more or less accurate?!