Thursday, August 2

V&A: a review



It was in the easter holiday of 1992, on a trip to Vienna with my parents that I first fell in love with a museum. Not surprisingly, as I was then around eight years old it was the natural history museum housing a gigantic dinosaur skeleton that I fancied so much. However with my age my wisdom and taste must evolve also and my newest love is the Victoria & Albert Museum in South Kensington, London. (Click here to be taken to their site.)


The building itself is beautiful, the collections of art and historical artefacts are gargantuesque, the displays are elegant, not too sober, the information interesting and often interactionally educational, the staff kind and well-informed and then I haven't even told you about the video's and sound fragments. It's too much to tell you, if you go to London skip Mdme Tussaud's and Big Ben V&A is where you need to be.

No comments: