Monday, February 19

Boekentoren

The title of this post translates as Booktower.

By it is meant a monument a 1-minute walk up my street.

Here's a picture:



It's made the finale of a game show around which monument in Flanders, Belgium deserves to get 1 million € for renovation. The Booktower will or at least should get this money because of its beautiful art deco belvedère (or so they say, even though I pass the bloody thing on a three to four times a day basis I've never made it to the belvedère and I'm not an expert on art déco either).

My whole point is: here are some youtube clips from people explaining in their dialect why the Booktower is so important, why it should win and what it means to them. Enjoy!

Two Booktowers afficionado's from my home province:



Two people in love with the tower and each other:


And last but not least, in some obscure dialect the vice-chairman of my student's club:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful monument?
Let's just say "de gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est" :)