Thursday, January 11

Happy?

You Are 24% Happy


You're not miserable, but you could stand to be a lot happier.
Focus on what's right in the world, and you'll be happier than you ever thought possible.


I'm 24% happy but not miserable well I'm just thrilled to hear that. If I have to be sarcastic then why do I take the test you wonder. Aha. Interesting point you have there. Because I don't really know, I feel well enough but not overjoyed.

Yesterday, while at the cosy home of the cooking coach and her love/boyfriend/winged horse and in the context of me making them happy with home brewed Porto, brownies and the prospect of knitting lessons, tea swap parties and more chocolate dessert, she asked me how they could possibly make me happy. I didn't answer the question. I just blushed and bade them goodbye. It's not because I had no idea what to answer. I could have said that they make me happy just welcoming me in and pouring me a cup of tea. I could have said that there are/were only four things* ( none of which are under her or aforementioned winged horse's control) that could have made me happier then I was at the moment before she asked. Through the weird logic of my mind notwithstanding the fact that asking was very touching and such the moment just after she asked I was miserable and an answer impossible.

* Just in case she pops by this blog; the short list of four in no particular order:
  • Becoming an aunt: not unless you're serious about being adopted into my family
  • Good results: in my hands only I fear and I'm doing a good job screwing up
  • Become a millionaire: won't happen unless you win the lottery and give me all your winnings
  • Mr. Way-Out-Of-My-League: well, . . . you have been known to cook for him so maybe if I dropped you a bottle of rohypnol and you accidentally slip it into his pumpkin soup?

No comments: