Monday, April 16

Free Will

By the way, this article has my new favourite quote on free will, attributed to Schopenhauer: “A man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills.” In other words, you are free to do whatever you want. The catch is that you don’t have any control over what you want.*

And so it is that my own better judgement, my pride, my feeling of compassion, and a looming sense of future agony work hard for me to be calm and see sense (one meagre blob of morality boost can never/ should never cause this euphoria) but to no avail I tasted victory. Sweet sweet victory. Because it is what I want, need, crave and as we have just learned there's nothing I can do about that.

* one click on the text will take you to the post were I got this info^
^information for those who do not feed read and hence may have difficulty spotting links

No comments: