Thursday, December 14

The Devil wears Prada: A DVD Review



The devil wears Prada, and Chanel, and a whole bunch of other fashion designers that I might have heard off but refuse to let the names linger in my memory because I am too poor to afford their clothes and 15 pounds overweight to wear them. Note that I mention Prada because that happens to be the title and Chanel because you gotta love Chanel, no women is complete without it. *
Back to the film I'm reviewing. It's good. Well, it is and it isn't. It is because Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci are great, Ardrian Grenier is dead cute, and it's the perfect blend between a chickflick/romantic comedy and a fashion magazine. And it isn't because I'm too old for chickflicks, too melancholy or downright misanthropic for romantic comedies and because of aforementioned reasons I'm not suited for fashionvictimness.
In short did you miss something not seeing this in cinéma? No, the film is a lot better on a smaller screen. Must you buy this DVD? Well I can't force you. Why must you see this on DVD? Think, think, think; the Gagreel among the featurettes is kinda fun. And there's a 'deleted scene' where you get a shot of Adrian Grenier wearing very little clothes (still covered in bedsheets though)**.

That's all.


*possibly exaggerated but there are people I'd kill for these boots:

**Which I know my love coach will like to see so here's a picture:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you were absolutely right about that ;-) yum