Monday, April 6

The Lady at the Post Office

Competion day 6 and this is the second post about post attendants, maybe this needs a little explanation.

'Doing' the mail is the part of my job I mastered first, since a newborn snail could do it with it's eyes -on-tentacles closed there is nothing very spectacular about handling incoming and outgoing post but still I pride myself in not once so far having made a mistake, and also perhaps I am sensitive in all things concerning letters because I like so very much to write and receive them in real life.

This was however a post about the Lady at the Post office. She is less indispensable, far less part of my working day routine than the mailman of whom I spoke earlier but still, she the one, and none of her four or five collegues who remembers I never pay cash,  who comments on my dress, who offers advice on good non-busy hours to come to the post office and wishes me pleasant weekend every friday afternoon.

I wish I could vote her employee-of-the-year.

No comments: